Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Method 6

I love youtube. I used to invite people over to watch awesome videos. My sister and I send each other videos in facebook. I just need to get off my duff and make a video.
I was playing around with the skin flix skins, but they didn't seem to work in Facebook...however, I can see why they might be awesome on a website. I will think about using them in the future.
There were so many videos to choose from, but I wanted to post this one:


I chose this particular video because it is interesting to see where some academic libraries are headed. I would LOVE to have a library rave at one of my libraries (future employers, please don't read...jk). I wish my libraries were more open minded when I was growing up. Not that I didn't enjoy my libraries...my undergraduate library was the #1 place to get a date that didn't involve alcohol...
YouTube is great, relatively easy to search...sometimes you have to really dig to find what you want because there are no subject terms...I know I've spent hours looking for the perfect video...I don't know what that says about me........

I think videos would be AMAZING tools for libraries. Get patrons talking about the library, video tutorials on the resources, fun training videos, and much more. It can help make the library more inviting...maybe show that we're not mean, shushing robots. We're thinking about making videos for training purposes, but I hope that one day we might do a monthly video (even weekly or daily) about the library. Have the Librarian on the Spot asking patrons questions, advertising programs or new items, music videos...........etc...

Also, I hope you guys keep your website up for a long time, because there are some links that I would like for future reference...I guess I could put them in delicious...

No comments:

Post a Comment