Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Method 11

I took a podcasting class while I was still living in Illinois. This post was WAY WAY WAY better, less time consuming, and actually showed me how to podcast. So, thank you very much. I was disappointed because the class in Illinois was not hands-on and didn't really clarify much.

I found a podcast that I am interested in listening to - Texas Rollergirls - flat-track roller derby podcast! I am also excited about some of the other library podcasts (Washington State University, Moraine Valley Community College, Cornell University, and Arizona State). It is really cool to see what other academic libraries have done! I was trying to think of ideas that our library might do - vodcasts/vidcasts on how to access materials (I was thinking 60 seconds of infolit or shorter - less than 5 minutes - videos for students), weekly podcasts (but, we don't have many programs...so it would be kinda boring), Woman/Man on the street (interview random patrons every week on campus...each week would be a different question...like, where's the best place to eat, where's the best study spot, etc), etc. However, I really liked Cornell University's podcast ideas! We could really make our monthly displays much more interactive/interesting if we added a podcast/vodcast component. We could also pairup with faculty members to see if we could get interesting monthly podcasts - maybe they're doing some interesting research, maybe they have a really awesome hobby, maybe they want to mention some of the new events for their clubs...etc.

I have listened to some of NPR's podcasts. They are always very interesting. I really enjoy the stories and the storytellers. I think the hardest part for me will be to remember to talk slowly and speak clearly...I don't think I'll use sound effects or music yet...maybe once I get more comfortable.

I will definitely attempt to create a podcast in the future (I don't have a microphone right now). We will see what happens! Stay tuned...if you dare...mwhahahahahaha (evil laugh).

No comments:

Post a Comment