Monday, February 22, 2010

Method 10

Library Success: A Best Practices Wiki is my favorite library site. I have used it many times to help determine what to do (gaming, websites, etc...). I love wikis! They rock. I created one for a trip for next year (I have a feeling that everyone is going to drop out - wedding, pregnancy, moving, etc...loads of things are popping up now) so that my friends and I can plan with minimal email annoyance. I like how easy they are to use. You don't have to know HTML in order to make a cool wiki (major plus).
I think information literacy would be a great place to use wikis - one place for all the patron's information needs. I think wiki pathfinders would also be useful. Collaboration with faculty might also work with wikis - or even committees (less time having to meet in person). Working with librarians from other libraries on presentations/papers/committees. FAQ's for the library - easy for all librarians to update (awesome for those homework reference question rushes). Collection Development wish lists. Weeding projects. (What can't they be used for??) They are a great collaborative tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment