Monday, August 15, 2011

Beyond Method 9

Since I don't have access to a microphone, I chose to use animoto and some free photos from photorack. I couldn't find more detailed information about the photos from photorack. I did include a link to the website at the end of the video.
Here are my two attempts:
Attempt 1:

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.


Attempt 2:

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.


These were very easy to do. The only snag I hit was working within the time constraints. I had to take out some photos. I think the second attempt works. I was also limited by the photos I had access to...I didn't have any of my own with me. Otherwise, I'd say the process went very smoothly.
I think digital storytelling would be great for marketing! I think we could market services to students, market services to faculty, highlight cool stuff in our collection, create more interesting scavenger hunts by creating a story with the digital storytelling and then having students go do the hunt (maybe even interact with the story)...maybe even some student created digital stories - good for marketing the library and/or school. This could be used to persuade administration of the all the stuff we do and why we need more money/staff - a day in the life of your library (with stats) much like the library snapshots...maybe follow around various staff workers. Also, a great into to the library. I think Michael Stevens did a cool one many years ago:

Sad that the song (Ray of Light by Madonna) is now gone from the video :(. You'd have to get a lot of waivers first!
There was also a cool one that I tried to get my Dad involved in a few years ago - a veterans' history project. I will have to try again. This time I'll try the LOC.

No comments:

Post a Comment