Thursday, August 11, 2011

Beyond Method #7

I chose Prezi:


Not a very interesting show...sorry! This took me about 45 minutes to create...mostly because I am on a dinosaur of a computer that crashed 20 minutes into doing this. Also, Prezi is not intuitive. It took me a minute to figure out how to create the shots that I wanted, when to zoom, how to get those weird frames off (I still missed one!), etc. I was trying to not make it so sickening (after reading the posts about physical illness due to the way prezi jumps around. I don't think I succeeded (I'll have to test it on my dad).
I was thinking about using this as part of the tutorial I'm creating. Much more exciting than listening to me drone on and on and on. I might try it again later.
I do have experience with SlideShare. I heard about it, so I started playing around with it. I don't think I posted anything interesting. I have heard of Prezi before this, just never played around with it. The others, I had never heard of. This post definitely opened my eyes. I also really liked the last two links listed under additional resources. I want to see what else is out there.
I usually use PowerPoints for presentations. However, I've only just starting presenting things professionally, so this was very useful. When I do classes, I usually don't use any powerpoint-esque type thing. I use Xtranormal videos, guess the google, LibGuides, websites, live demos, etc...
I think I might create slideshows for faculty and then post them in a libguide. Or use them to market stuff to students. I think they could be very powerful and fun.
I would feel comfortable directing someone to free presentation tools. I think I could even help them figure it out! (At least, I could get them started in Prezi!!)
I will definitely be playing around with these tools in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment