Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Beyond Method #2

I think NetVibes would be the best option. My computer does not play well with PageFlakes...and the student computers are even slower than mine (in some cases). iGoogle would only be useful on my personal computer.
NetVibes is really cool, I can see loads of potential uses for it. I think it would be fun to create subject specific RSS feeds featuring well-known blogs, papers, websites, etc. I could even add some delicious links for each subject, links to specific databases (maybe even database subject-specific RSS feeds). I like the Cranbury Public Library netvibe page. I don't think I'd replace the current website with a NetVibes homepage, but I definitely will incorporate them into library user instruction. In fact, I'm trying to work on one right now.
The NetVibes page is easy. It is easy to add RSS feeds and stuff. I am also very easily sucked into spending a lot of time on it! Maybe once I finally finish a page, I will post it on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment